Friday, January 28, 2005

Price check on aisle 5

I like the swedish meatballs the best!

I went shopping at Target today and bought these yummy lean cuisine meals. “Big deal Sarah, why don’t you tell us about something interesting?” I am about to do just that my friends. This little baby’s were on sale, marked down from $1.97 to $1.50. However, when the checker gal was ringing them up, only 2 out of the nine came up as sale price. Being the thrifty person that I am I quickly told her about the mess up. She had to call a price check on the item, which took FOREVER! Meanwhile, she decides to tell me all about her day and how she has had horrible customers and all of that jazz (like I care). The price check person finally comes back and says “The item only rings up at $1.50 if you buy two. I was like, “I have 9 so 8 of them should cost $1.50.” She went all the way back to frozen foods to verify this. Why? WHY????? The checker girl then told me about her old job at taco bell while I waited for another eternity. I started going off into my own mind, all the while smiling and nodding at the employee. I was thinking that perhaps I had been in a horrible car accident on the way to the store and that I was really dead and in Hell. Finally, the price check person comes back and allows all of my lean c’s to be purchased for the price of $1.50 a piece. So I saved a few bucks in trade for 10 minutes of torture at Target. Anyway, watch those scanners when you are at the store. I have had the wrong price ring up probably 5 out of 10 visits.

1 Comments:

Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

Yay! It's Amanda! You must start posting your own blog..
I love the name "sassy pants".

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home