Wednesday, April 13, 2005

keys please

keys

Yesterday, I drove to school and found a nice parking spot at a meter. This means that I was able to park for two dollars instead of the $7.00 that the lots charge. I got out of the car, grabbed my books, finished my large diet dr. pepper, pushed down the door lock, and fed the meter 8 quarters. Then it hit me…..I left my stupid keys in the ignition (thankfully, the car was not on). I had class in 30 minutes, but did not want to leave my car on the street for over an hour with the keys in plain site. I just don’t trust those nasty drag rats. Not willing to pay $30.00 for a locksmith to open my door, my only resort was to call Dale and have him bring me the extra key. Long story short, I could not get a hold of him for a while so I had to wait in the hot sun with a full bladder for my hero to arrive and save the day. I missed class. I suck. Why does this always happen to me? More importantly, since this always happens to me why have I not smartened up and got myself an extra key to carry with me? Oh well. I just thought I would share this with you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Pea said...

DUH! I hate it when that happens!

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the words of Nelson, might I say, " AH HAH!!!!"
It would have been even better if you had peed your pants too. HA HA HA HA! You loser.

11:40 AM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

Hey, I just learned how to pee in the water a year ago so I doubt I could pee my pants.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

My friend Cayce use to hold the keys in one hand as far away from the car door as possible and as she was shutting her car door would say, "My keys are in my right/left hand" out loud. She use to lock her keys in daily. Maybe trying that kind of affirmation will help. I do that with my flat iron. I'm always, outloud "I.AM.UNPLUGGING.THE.FLAT.IRON/CLOTHES IRON/TURNING OFF THE STOVE" - may sound dumb, but it keeps from burning the house down!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home