Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Viva la Sarah!

garden of Sarah

This, ladies and gents, is my birthday goblet. Let it be known that I will drink (wine preferably) from this cup on each and every birthday starting next year and hence forth. If the cup breaketh, I will create a new one to replace thine cup. When I pass, my ashes shall be placed in this cup. They will then be mixed with wine and all of my friends shall take a sip. Ok, scratch that last part. Who do I think I am..."Sarah the Christ"?
In other news, one of the kids at Texas School for the Deaf thought that I was both Deaf and hearing. He said that I must be hearing because I can talk, and that I am certainly deaf because I can sign. He was 7 years old, and had not yet realized what bieng able to hear meant . To him the only difference between himself and hearing people is that he can sign and they can not. Eventually, he will discover the audiological difference. My deaf sign language teacher told me that her hearing son, when he was a young lass, thought that she was hearing because she could speak. To him, deafness meant that you could not speakā€¦.not that you could not hear. STRANGE.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a fine ass goblet I must say.

1:41 PM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

Mine was chipped as well, although I don't know if their fault or mine. I did not see the damage until I had already brought it home.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home