Tuesday, March 15, 2005

GUITARDED

yeah!

Guitarded
Pronunciation: g&-'tär-ded, gi-, esp Southern and Midland also 'gi-"tär-ded

Function: adjectiveEtymology: French guitare, from Spanish guitarra, from Arabic qItAr, from Greek kithara cithara, FROM JOSH JOHNSON, Guitarded

Plural: guitards
1. A person that sucks at playing the guitar, but does not know it, and insists on playing for an audience.
2. A person that sucks at playing the guitar, and knows it, but insists on playing the guitar alone or in front of friends.

The infamous Josh Johnson coined this word. He explained to me one day that half of Austin was “guitarded”. I told him that I was DEFINITELY guitarded, fitting in on the 2nd definition of the term, and he said that he himself was a little guitarded. I guess that makes us a couple of guitards, even though he is WAY better than me.

1 Comments:

Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

I'll be hanging out at Lee's house this weekend. You remember Lee's house, we went there after the bachelor/bachelorette party....fun times. You can come by if you want (I promise that there will be plenty of fun waiting for you)

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home