Thursday, September 12, 2013

Social Media...not So Social After All.

*This post is all over the place. I apologize. It's because I am not very interested in the topic so my creative effort is minimal. 

Blogtember 12th- "Describe ways blogging or social media has changed you."

I have been blogging for 8 years, 10 months, and 30 days.
I really don't think the act of blogging has changed me at all. It is a cool bonus to have a record of my life for the past 8 years, but nothing has changed because I have an online diary.

My husband quit Facebook because it was making him dislike people he liked in real life. I am almost at that point. Instead of quitting Facebook, though, I have just hid a few bunch of people from my feed.

I love Tumblr. It offers none of the BS Facebook serves up. No preaching, fishing, selling, or judging. My personal Tumblr is called Canine Charlie and it is mostly about my dog Charlie. Sometimes, it is about my other dog Cooper. I keep it simple.

Twitter....I follow some news sources and a few comedians on Twitter, but I myself don't tweet.

Vine- I FRIGGEN' LOVE VINE!!! There are some super creative and hilarious people using this app.

Instagram- I don't.

The biggest way social media has changed my life is that it has taken up a large portion of my time. I find myself checking Facebook throughout the day. When I get home, I check the rest. I spend a lot of time in bed, laying on a heating pad, starting at my computer. Look, I'll use my computer to take a picture of myself right now:
 photo hp_zpsb8d3acb2.jpg
See! Pretty pathetic.

I am pretty sure I read less actual books than I used to because I am exploring the internet so much. Man, I don't think I like that at all! I am going to have to change that.
 photo Blogtember200_zps2e52e17d.png

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Bee said...

Yeah, I haven't even done this one yet because I don't have much to say. However, I for one am SO glad you started blogging 800 posts ago! It will be so fun to go back and look at them all!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Yep, I'm about to quit Facebook. It make-a me lazy!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

So much that I just looked for the "LIKE" button to like Bee's comment...

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home