Thursday, September 08, 2011

The Meat Cookbook

Dale found two books at the thriftstore:
No Country for Old Men

and

Photobucket

We purchased both of them.

I think you should see some of the recipes from 1977 (when this cookbook was published)

First, The Table of Contents:
Photobucket
Did you see there is a section called "Variety Meats?" Awwwwwwwwww yeah!

Let's start with Beef:
Photobucket
It's a tradition

Who wants Beery Beef?
Photobucket
It calls for "Brown Ale"
Which Rhymes with "Ox Tail"
Which happens to be the recipe you see on the next page.

Ok, that looks alright. How about some lamb?
Photobucket
The soy sauce makes the lamb chops "Chinese"

Lancashire-Style Hotpot
Photobucket
This has lamb chops, and lamb kidneys (skinned, cored, and roughly chopped.

Pork time:
Photobucket
Pork and Liver Terrine inclydes pork(duh), pigs' or lambs' liver! Your choice!

Photobucket
Indonesian pork. I wish there was a picture of the Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Balls

And now, sausage!
Photobucket
Yuck.

Variety Meats? Yes.
Photobucket
The picture shows Braised Lambs' Tongues. The opposite page contains recipes for three culinary delights:
1. Liver and Bacon Marsala (I prefer my marsala with extra liver)
2. Sour Cream Liver (my favorite.....in hell)
3. Pressed Ox Tongue (just like momma used to make)

Lookie here:
Photobucket
Steak, Kidney, and Eggplant Pie! A new Thanksgiving tradition if you ask me.

Thank you, Rosemary Wadey, for putting together the most non-appetizing meat cookbook I have ever seen.
I will cherish it for all my days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly June said...

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Miss Bee said...

I have never, ever considered life as a vegetarian until this post.

(And I don't know if you've gotten the memo, but there will be no steak/kidney/eggplant pie at Very Larry Thanksgiving.)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Tracy Fennell said...

Hahaha, nice.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home