Monday, January 06, 2014

NYE 2013 Part IV....it's Really 2014...Right?

The clock struck midnight and we played a few more records. One of the favorites played was Harry Nilsson's Nilsson Schmilsson.  When Coconut came on I turned on my camera and recorded a snippet to send our friends Josh and Tirzah. This song has been featured in heavy rotation throughout many get togethers with these fine folk so I thought they might enjoy knowing Dale and I were enjoying the song. I am cracking up at Dale in the video because he is playing the straight man against my crazy lady.

Gurl, he crazy too. Shoooot. 

Here is the clip (which is banned in Germany for some reason. I'm not kidding, youtube told me so.)

Then Without You came on which prompted Dale and I to turn off the stereo (after the song was over) and play our own music. Starting with Without You. Then we had a photo spree:
 photo IMG_6276_zps3f1aba5c.jpg
What in the hell? Miley Cyrus has invaded every part of our culture. 

 photo IMG_6274_zpsfea7c235.jpg
 photo IMG_6303_zpsbd0fd015.jpg
For real though?

 photo IMG_6277_zps8ea67fc3.jpg
 photo IMG_6304_zps8a7c2e31.jpg
That's more presentable....I think.

 photo IMG_6305_zps9832b1d4.jpg
Oh lord, back to this?

 photo IMG_6306_zpse6ac45fa.jpg
We thought we were so funny

 photo IMG_6268_zpsb19e0bb7.jpg

 photo IMG_6308_zps2e66a0f1.jpg
I just....

 photo IMG_6265_zps00a250b2.jpg
It's over, honey

 photo IMG_6310_zps1dfb4944.jpg


We stayed up listening to records, talking, laughing, and playing guitars/singing until at least 4:00 a.m. 
We had so much fun. We normally don't stay up that late anymore so we were definitely both in rare form. We spend time alone with each other all of the time and have a great time. I don't want to give anybody the impression that we didn't know how to be alone together. It was more that we had plans, they were cancelled and we wanted to salvage the night somehow.

Turns out, we had maybe the most fun that night than almost any other night of the year. 

So happy new year to you and yours! 


1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Bee said...

I think you should have the picture with the tambourine on your head/pick in Dale's mouth printed and put on canvas. It tells a story and represents y'all so well!

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home