Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Rendezvous

Blogtember 17th, "a memory you would love to relive" 

I was 21. A group of us had gone to the Easter Bash in Lubbock, Texas. Easter Bash, at the time, was a big party thrown on some dude's property. Bands would play, people would burn couches, and everybody drank way too much.

Dale and I had recently started dating but had not told any of our friends yet. I can't exactly remember why. Doesn't really matter now anyhow.

We, along with our group of friends, established a spot amongst the field full of party goers. We set up chairs, tapped our keg, and began to settled in. Before we even got to the party, Dale and I had planned on getting away from the group to be alone. We planned on each leaving the group at different times and then meeting behind the stage (where the bands were playing). I got up and said I was going to the bathroom. I made my way through the crowd. I remember the weather was nice. Not too windy but certainly breezy. The sun was out and the grass on the fella's property was green and needed mowing. I went behind the stage and waited.

I was so anxious. My heart was beating faster than normal and I swear I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. Then, I saw Dale walking towards me. I smiled. He smiled.

He came up to me and put his arms around me. I probably looked down because I was still shy around him. I remember looking at his forearm right before he slipped it behind the small of my back.
And then, we kissed. And kissed.

We walked around in the field behind the stage, just he and I...holding hands. Talking and laughing. We only had  a short amount of time together before we had to go back to the group.

It was perfect...that time alone with each other. That afternoon. That Dale.

I don't have pictures from that particular Easter Bash, but I do have pictures from around that time (with a few blurred faces of those I am no longer in contact with):


 photo young1_zps70d198b1.jpg
Our group of friends. This was a year before Dale and I began dating. 


 photo young2_zps65a46eea.jpg
Dale and I weeks before we began dating

 photo young3_zps9ad4e06f.jpg
Dale and I with out group of friends

 photo young4_zps02579241.jpg
The night of my 21st birthday. Dale and I began dating a month later.






2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Bee said...

Aww! What a great memory! I think it is cute that you admird each other from afar for so long!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

That's such a fun memory!

I have some fond ones of Easter Bash, too. Crazy time, full of youth and music and fun, and - for some it might seem - budding love. :)

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home