Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Waxing Gibbous

you like?

Recently, I was assigned the task of creating a lesson plan for the 5th grade science class at TSD. Let me tell ya, that is not as easy as it may sound. Rachel, if you are reading this I feel for you. My lesson plan was about the Earth and Moon’s orbit around the Sun and the different phases of the moon. Today, I had to teach it. Last night, I worked from 5:30 – 11:30 without taking a break. I had to prepare all of my materials. I made these cool models of the Earth, Sun and Moon, I made a poster board visual aid that documented the moon’s phases, I made a peek-a-boo calendar of the Moon’s phases for the month of March, I prepared Moon log books for the student’s, and finally…..I made these cool moon phase cookies pictured above. Anyway, it went really well! I did not think I could teach that subject using sign language but with the help of the “real” science teacher it went off without a hitch. Tomorrow is my last day with the science/social studies class. I think they are going to move me to the art class for the last part of my internship *yay. Just now, I ate a spoonful of chocolate icing that was left over from the cookies. OH MY GOSH…………..I may vomit. I did not eat a single cookie last night or lick a single utensil, but could not resist temptation today. I wish I had b/c that icing was tooooooo sweeeeeet. I have the shakes and the upset stomach. So, a la Miranda from Sex in the City, I took the left over containers of icing and dumped dish soap all over them before I threw them in the trash. Damn, this post is going on and on. Check back tomorrow for a brand new post. I already know what it is going to be about. I just need a picture.
Ta Ta
-Sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home