Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Christmas Story

After viewing the lights on 37th street, Dale thought it would be a good idea to stop in the Draught House for a night cap. We busted out the camera and began taking pictures. Dale used a setting that had a low flash and the pictures came out overexposed.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Yummy wine!

Photobucket
I have a dartboard emerging from my hat.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cheers!
Photobucket
“people let me tell you ‘bout my best friend She's a warm hearted person who'll love me till the end.”

When it was my turn, I decided to use the setting that used a higher flash to eliminate the overexposure mess.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The flash was quite bright. Dale even said so but I went on merrily taking more photos. My camera is so cool! I am addicted! Plus, Larry was hamming it up for the camera and that is gold.

Out of nowhere, this drunk woman loudly says “Somebody tell her to stop. I am going blind!”

To which I replied, “Why don’t you tell me yourself? I can hear you!”

She shot back with some bullshit and I hit that ball right back to her. After a few rounds of verbal exchanges, I flipped her the bird and may or may not have called her a “stupid bitch.”

I made a big show of putting the lens cap back on my camera and stared at her for a few seconds more for good measure. When I was satisfied that she was done and that she was not going to get up, I looked at the other occupants of my table. Dale, Rachel, and Larry looked a bit shell shocked so I apologized to them. Dale said “I told you that flash was bright.” And he did but so what! It’s Christmas and that camera is my new toy! If I want to take a few pictures of my friends then so be it. Stupid lady!

Still, I am 31 years old and such behavior is not becoming for a woman my age. I know this. The red wine I was drinking was unaware of this rule, however, and so it was: The fight before Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home