Monday, August 30, 2010

Amongst Other Things

Hacienda played a day show at the Mohawk this weekend.

I intended to go.

I really wanted to go.

I did NOT go.

I know, it's pretty shocking seeing how Dale and I both really like this band and usually make most of their Austin shows.

My weekend turned out to be one of those that had many things to offer, many commitments to fulfill, and not enough time to do it all.

I'm bummed that I had to let the Hacienda show slip through the cracks. Hula hooping in my living room while listening to side one of Big Red and Barbacoa helped a little.
Photobucket
*Ok, this is an older pic of me hooping. You can tell by the short hair.

Needless to say, I'm sure they put on a great show and I hope to see them the next time they come around.


So, what did I do with my weekend you may ask?
Well, I went to a Hatch Green Chile themed BBQ and tried to decipher the picture puzzles on the back of Lonstar Beer Bottle caps:
Photobucket

Dale was there as well:
Photobucket

Photobucket
The buns for those hot dogs were hatch green chile buns. Mmmmm.

Photobucket

The weather was BEAUTIFUL. Perfect for a game of washers:
Photobucket
*All of the BBQ photos were taken by the lovely and talented Tirzah. I love it when she uses my camera.

We also dogsat Bee's dog, Blossom. Dale did pushups all day while I watched the dogs.
Photobucket
Haha!

Blossom is an easy dog to watch. She is the dog that convinced me to get a dachshund. Before meeting Blossom, I was sure I would own big dog. Here she is:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Chillin' with my dog, Cooper:
Photobucket

We also went swimming with my parents (and nieces) at Landa Park's natural springs pool in New Braunfels. It was a really nice pool. The bees and ants thought so as well.

My friends Amy and Will came in and stayed with us for one night. Will spoke at some fancy medical conference or something. He gave a speech about the History of Texas and even shaved his beard into handle bar mustache for added effect.

Juan came over and talked smack. Gotta love the Juan. We are going to go see Machete in a few weeks. He also agreed to go with me to see Those Darlins with me Next month. I got some tickets to their ACL after show. I did NOT get tickets to the after show for The Black Keys. I tried, but that bitch sold out fast!

I am ready for some Fall weather.
That is all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Bee said...

Bwahahahaha - that pic with Dale in the background is awesome!

Thanks for watching Miss Weenie. She slept for about 2 days after playing with the boys!

6:39 PM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

Charlie hordes the plush dog toys and hides them under the bed. Guess who found every single one? Her name rhymes with "awesome."
She brought them out to play with the boys and did not rip them apart. Good dog!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home