Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"You're my boy, Blue!"

I went to shop-shopping, shopping at Ross today. I thought I might find a cheap wastebasket for a spare bedroom. I did not find a wastebasket but I did find these:
Photobucket
HD VISION BABY!

HAHAHAHAH!
These remind me of the Blueblocker shades my dad has been wearing since,like, forever.

Short story- when I was a teenager, my dad was driving me and a friend of mine home from youth group or something. I doubt it was youth group because I only lasted about 2 weeks in youth group. I just can't remember why we were at the church.

He had to run into the rec building to talk to somebody, leaving my friend and myself alone in the car. She decided to get behind the wheel and do some donuts in the parking lot. During one of the steep turns, my dads' blue blockers flew off the dash and onto the floor. I accidentally stepped on them when I was trying to stabilize myself, braking the frame beyond repair.

My dad came back to the car none the wiser about our dare-devil donuts. He did notice his broken blues. I remember him picking them up and saying "Damnit girls! These glasses aren't free!" I think they were around $5.00 at the time. He continued to lecture us about respecting other people's property. I started to feel bad about breaking his glasses (and letting my friend drive the car like a maniac) and apologized. In a classic pimp move, he then reached across the seat, opened the glove box, and pulled out his reserve pair. My friend and I laughed and laughed all the way home.

Photobucket
Now I can see in high definition. Jealous?

In other news:
I bought some fabric to make drapes for the big room.
Photobucket
I hope it turns out good.

Back to my HD Vision glasses-
I was playing with the levels of this picture and look what happened-
Photobucket

Ok, gotta go. Buffalo steaks are on the grill. Mmm...

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Fennell said...

I am so laughing about the reserve blueblockers in the glove box, ha.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home