Monday, July 30, 2012

Shock Treatment

A month ago, Cooper's back legs became paralyzed due to a ruptured disc that was pressing against his spinal cord. He had surgery to fix the problem, but his back legs remained paralyzed for weeks. Slowly but surely, he began getting movement to his back legs. Mostly his right leg, but his left leg is coming along. Yesterday, this is how he was moving about:

He does this little bunny hop when he wants to get around quickly. Like I said, his left leg is not moving as well as his right so Cooper compensates with the right leg. It works for him.
The strength and movement will come back to his left leg eventually. The ruptured disc was pressing the left side of the spinal cord, so it is taking longer for that side to recover.

He has been going to physical therapy 3 times a week. I really feel like that is helping Cooper. They offer a weight loss program for fat dogs in which I have seriously considered enrolling Charlie. Did that sentence make sense? I was trying to avoid ending it in a preposition.

Any-hoooooo, grey skies are gonna clear up. Put on a happy face!

In other news:
I just found out that Kelley Anderson (Darlin) has left Those Darlins to pursue other musical projects and what not. This happened back in Feb. You can read all about it here.
I really loved Kelley's  vocals on Who's That Knocking On My Window and Cannon Ball Blues. She is a good musician and an excellent entertainer, so I know we will see her again. Still, I will miss her in the trio.
Those Darlins play the Mohawk in Austin on Sunday, October 7th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home