Thursday, September 29, 2005

ACL part Two

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
More Keys Please

Picking up where we left off….
Dale, Lee, Danny, Colin, Laurie, Clint, and Myself were enjoying a masterful performance by the Black Keys. Dale discovered the Keys a while back by catching one of their video's on the Austin Music Network. He promptly went out and bought their cd's. Upon listening to their albums, I fell in love with their murky grooves but did not go to their show’s like Dale did. Why? Because it takes A LOT to get me to go to a show these days. There for a while, almost every show I went to was disappointing. I became calloused and turned a cold shoulder against live music. I am happy to report that the Black Keys at ACL rejuvenated my music loving soul!
I am about to say something that some of you may scoff at. Are you ready?
I enjoyed the Black Keys more than Coldplay.
OH MY GOSH!
It may have been because I was much closer to the stage for the Keys. It may be that their music made me dance (one of my criteria for good live music). I don’t know what it was, but it is what it is. Dig?
-Back to the story-
Colin, Laurie, Clint, and I took off in the middle of the Key’s set to go sit and wait for Coldplay to come on. We sat down in a high traffic area. People were constantly walking around us...very anoying. Clint fixed this problem by standing in the high traffic area and creating some kind of magical force field.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
See, the people stopped walking by once Clint stood there. Strange. Colin looked a little freaked out (although I happen to know that he thought it was funny).

Let me take a moment to tell you about the port-a-potties. During the day, I could look at the seat to see if it was “clean” or not. Like almost every gal I know, I NEVER sit directly on the port-a-potty seat. Still, you want to know what you are hovering over incase you fell (ewwwwwwwww, or maybe you don't ). At night, I could not see the port-a-potty seat without the assistance of my camera flash. I ended up taking a really gross picture of the nasty potty, but I deleted it. I would never show you something like that!
This one is ok to show
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ugh, Women everywhere feel my pain when it comes to the absolute nastiness of the port-a-potty. SO gross.

After my bathroom break, I had to get back to Colin, Laurie, and Clint. As I entered the crowd once again I thought “How do I find them? Oh, that’s right…they are by that water tent. But wait, I can't really see the water tent. Jeeze, it is too bad that we don’t have a really cool Mexican Puppet thingy on a stick that could be seen from far away to mark our location”.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Somebody beat me to it.
Check back for ACL part three (soon to come)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home