Tuesday, September 20, 2005

POW!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hang in there for a sec while I explain my picture. Can you do that? Can ya?
Volume and pressure are inversely related. When volume increases pressure decreases.

BUT………….if you had to study for an anatomy and physiology test like I did, then this relationship between pressure and volume fails.

What happened in my situation is that Information (I) was added. The information load was greater than the volume of my brain could allow for. My brain filled up with all the terms and physiology that I needed to know. Eventually, my brain began to push against the walls of my cranium because it was so full of memorized terms. Soooooooooooooo If the volume of my brain can’t increase, then the pressure of my brain can’t decrease. Instead, the pressure builds up and my brain explodes through the skull.

Just look at all the information I had to put into my brain!
(You can skip this part. Who really gives a toot about what I had to study)
For this test, I had to know the following:
Anatomical Terms
Directional references
Planes of Reference
Tissues:
Skeletal, Smooth, Cardiac, Vascular, Nervous
Respiratory Passage
(from oral cavity to alveoli)
Skeletal framework for respiration
Muscles of respiration (there is a crap load of these)
Origin, Insertion, and function
Physiology of respiration

My first test in grad school is over and done with. I have another test on Tuesday of this week, so I SHOULS be studying.
Ya’ll know I am the procrastination Queen though, which is why I drew the above picture instead of studying all about the elastic recoil of the lungs.

Now get back to work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This must be the beginning of the end of your sanity...

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like another language! Good luck on your tests! :) Rach

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home