Monday, August 13, 2007

Doin' work, son!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I started my new job today….sort of. Really it was just orientation, which meant I had to sit through lectures and presentations all morning. Still, it was nice to be back in the groove of having a schedule.

Bonus #1- my health insurance gives me 100% coverage. The state pays 100% of my health insurance premiums. Sweet.

Bonus #2- I get full pay for the entire month of August when, really, I will only have “worked” a few weeks. Nice.

Bonus # 3- They provided breakfast, which was awesome since I forgot mine at the house. I was happy to see that they had fat free yogurt and fruit along with the muffins and donuts. I opted for the Yogurt and fruit. Operation skinny witch is still going on, after all.

The only drawback is that I am soooooo tired. I did not get a lot of sleep last night. I guess my nerves bought a ticket on the ol’ insomnia train. I have a feeling that I will not have any problem getting sleep tonight.

In other news:

I actually enjoyed the Ween concert we went to on Thursday. I am not a huge fan of their music, but they put on a great show. They are a great live band. Dale, Lee and Josh absolutely loved it. They were as close to the stage as possible. I opted to hang in the back as I am not a fan of hippy stink. My nose thanked me later.

The next concert I attend will be the mutha truckin’ WHITE STRIPES!!! OH MY GOSH! I am so excited about this one! I can’t even write about it….

Rent “rock school” if you have not already. It’s a documentary, not to be confused with the Jack Black movie “school of rock”. Go get it…now. You will love it. (well, you will if you are a music lover).

That is all for now. I hope you have a good week. Have a glass of wine…you deserve it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Bee said...

Yay, I am so happy for you and your new job! Enjoy this week of free breakfast and boring presentations... you will miss it once the kiddos come back! Lemme know when you need your first "I've had a long day" glass of wine!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'm having one in your honor. Cheers!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home