Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Part Two-Dan Auerbach and The Fast Five Killed SXSW (Bill's Place)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"You, Aaron, are what it's all about. You're real. Your room is real. Your friends are real. Real, man, real. You know? Real. You're more important than all the silly machinery. Silly machinery. And you know it! In eleven years its going to be 1984, man. Think about that!"

That was a quote taken from the movie Almost Famous. A band member finds himself at a house party and he diggs on the "realness" of the situation.

Dan Auerbach said something familiar, while in a familiar situation, as he began to speak about his road manager (sound guy?).
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I'll paraphrase what he said:
Dan-He has been with us all throughout this tour and he has done pretty well....until last night. You see, there were these playboy bunnies.

*the men in the crowd cheer*

Dan- I don't like playboy bunnies. I like REAL women!

*the women in the crowd cheer"

Dan- And I like Playing to REAL people at REAL parties like this one!!

*Crowd goes wild....somebody shouts "I am a golden god!" Dan strikes up another tune.

Kick ass.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is Rene Villanueva, the Lead singer/Bass player for Hacienda. He totally hit Reyna in the head with his Bass. I don't mean that figuratively.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
He did apologize. Nice guy.

Renee in the crowd:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dan in the crowd:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This guy is so excited that Dan is right next to him that he may or may not have peed himself. You be the judge.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Did I tell you about the piñatas?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Oh yes. They had 6 of them- one to represent each band member. At some point, the dude next to me was wearing a piñata head on his head like a hat. It was bizarre. I ended up with piñata crepe paper in my hair and on my lip. A girl in the audience pointed it out to me as I was leaving. I wish somebody would have told me before I spoke with Dan Auerbach, Dante Schwebel and Rene Villanueva.
Nice.

(EDIT: The piñatas were tossed into the crowd and subsequently demolished...crepe paper was floating in the air. That is how the paper ended up on my lip. I did not make out with the guy next to me.)

One more post on the show after this. There is a good pic coming up!

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Bee said...

This is the first I've heard of the pinatas! It just keeps getting better!

6:26 PM  
Blogger M--- said...

He definitely wet himself.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home