Monday, June 22, 2009

Hub City

This past Wednesday, our little family made it's way to Lubbock. This was the first time we have taken the dogs on a road trip. They were perfect!!!! You could not ask for better traveling companions.

They liked to spend most of their time in the front, with us, but would take turns chillin' in the back seat.
Photobucket
Charlie cracks me up.

They did not get car sick, did not fight, and always used the bathrooms when we made pit stops.
Photobucket

Cooper enjoyed taking in the West Texas scenery.
Photobucket
Photobucket

We arrived at the La Quinta some time that afternoon. We made a few phone calls, had a few beers, said bye to the pups, and made our way to Crickets to see Plain Brown Wrapper. Dale did not get to stay to see the band as the hotel called us and told us that our dogs were going crazy without us. BARK BARK BARK BARK! Dale is super sweet and told me to stay at the bar with our good buddy Danny. He knew that I really wanted to see PBW. What a guy.
Photobucket
We really enjoyed seeing these guys back when we lived in Lubbock. They are great musicians and they always had a Led Zeppelin song on their playlist.

Photobucket
They are still great musicians, but we did not hear a single Zeppelin tune. No sir. These guys play cover songs, as most bands in Lubbock are known to do, and they were catering to the crowd of young 20-somethings that had ventured out to see them. Therefore, they played some songs that I did not know but the crowd did. They also played Seal. SEAL!!!! Ugh. I think they also played Drops of Jupiter by Train. Don't get me wrong....I don't think anything is wrong with Seal or Train. It's just that back in the day, these fellas stuck to the blues, blues infused rock, and rock with balls. I guess I expected them to stay the exact same while everything else changed. I don't blame them for changing......they have to pay their rent and all.

The crowd was really annoying. Bunch of frat guys and sorority gals. I ended up elbowing a chick in her rib cage when she tried to cut me off on my way to my table. The bar area was really congested and I was making my way through all of the Hoits and Muffys. This little bitch tried to push me aside so that she could get to wherever she was going a little quicker. No ma'am. WHAM-O! Elbow to the rib cage. She stared at me after I delivered the blow and I stared back. I was already in a bad mood and she elevated it to Kill status. She recognized the crazy in my eyes and made the smart decision to back away without saying a word.
I was surprised I did that. I mean, I am 32 years old. I don't need to be hitting strangers in bars. It was like I lost control. It was like a reflexive action or something...something I would have done in my early 20s. I guess Lubbock brought the fever out of hibernation. I realize this is part of the reason why I left that place around 9 years ago.

More on the Lubbock Trip soon. Come on back.

4 Comments:

Blogger j3 said...

sarah, just so you know: there IS something wrong with train and seal. they both suck equally. yes, seal sucks.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Miss Bee said...

I'm glad the boys were good in the car! Sorry they were not so good in the hotel... but that is pretty funny that they called Dale to come back.

Glad I wasn't there to see you elbow the girl - I probably would have ganged up on her and "air-kicked" her.

8:55 PM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

j3, You are correct sir. Seal and Train do suck. I guess I was trying to be nice. Kiss from a rose.....sheesh.

Rachel, you would have probably "accidentally" spilled your drink on her as well. That is why you are my best.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I have GOT to start going to bars with you more often.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home