Tuesday, June 09, 2009

How About Them Hacienda Boys?

Photobucket
Antone's 6-5-2009

We saw Hacienda, again, and this time we brought friends. Juan, Tirzah, and Josh all said they had a great time at the show and that they loved the band.

Tirzah and I both took some photos. She showed me a few new things I could do with my camera. I was trying to use the available light and no flash. Because of this, some of the photos came out fuzzy. It was very fun taking them, nonetheless.

Photobucket
I was impressed the first time I saw them but this time they blew me away. I don't know how they did it (because I would not have said they had anything to improve upon) but they seemed to have gotten better.

Photobucket
This picture freaks me out.

Rene Villuanueva was playing on a fretless bass and he took that puppy to school!
Photobucket

Photobucket
My favorite tune of the night had to be Where The Waters Roam. The mix of the harmonies and the instruments was absolutely beautiful. Two voices from opposite sides of the stage (belonging to Jaime and Abraham) begin the song which bring forth a stereo effect that you usually get when you are listening to an album through headphones. Then, the other voices (Dante and Rene) join in all together for a full sound. At the end of the song, the voices layer over each other for a while and you can do nothing but yield to the groove.
Yield, I say!

For those of you going to ACL, you can see Hacienda play with Dan Auerbach on Sunday.

I strongly suggest that you do so.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Bee said...

I'm so sad I missed it, looks like y'all had a great time! I already have Dan/them on my ACL "must-see" list, so at least there is that...

6:44 PM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

You need to see them in the small venue setting as well. I'll talk to you about that later.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home