Monday, January 11, 2010

NYE Wrap Up

Photobucket
I have always been a sucker for sparklers. Maybe it's because they are just about the only thing you can buy at a fireworks stand that I am not afraid of.

Plus, they make pictures much more interesting.
Photobucket
By the way, you notice that Reyna now has bangs? Just when you thought a girl could not get any prettier, she does.

And then there was Josh.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I should mention that Tirzah took all of these sparkler pictures. Thanks, Tirzah!

Oh my gosh! As I am typing this my dog, Cooper, is standing by the bed whining. I don't know what he wants and he won't shut up! AAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I can't think! That high pitched noise has burrowed into my brain! I wish I had one of those dog collars, featured in the movie UP, that allows dogs to speak English.
I totally cried during that movie. I cried and I hugged Dale. Ok, what really happened was that I cried and curled up in Dale's lap. I hugged is neck as he rubbed my back and gently laughed at me while telling me that everything was ok.
Such a baby.

Back to the sparklers:
Photobucket
We Three Witches. (Misty and Mandi showed up just after midnight. they had to have their NYE kiss in the car, on the way to Josh's. It does not matter where you are when you get that kiss, only whom you are with).

Why oh why didn't we spell out 2009?
Photobucket
Still pretty cool.

Juan,lit up, lights it up.
Photobucket
I actually had his permission to post his image on my blog this time.

You've heard of Bob the Builder.
Photobucket
Meet Josh the Welder.

Two things to notice in this picture:
Photobucket
1. Reyna's heels have sunk into the ground. The next day, we noticed several little "heel holes" in the yard. Josh and Tirzah were happy to have the yard aerated.
2. Cool sparkler spark.

Jazz Hand:
Photobucket


Snow leopard
Photobucket
Yes, those are my boots. Yes, I know they are...um...unique. Yes, I did take to the couch. That is what happens when you have not had any alcohol in a long time and you break your sobriety streak by having 4 glasses of wine.

Finally! The NYE posts are done!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhhh - Colin and I both cried during "Up"

SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ PAST HERE IF YOU'VE NOT SEEN IT AND DO NOT WANT TO KNOW - YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

#1 a funeral?! In a kids' movie??!!!!!! #2 he was her "adventure" all along....sniff.

5:48 PM  
Blogger M--- said...

I <3 sparklers, too! We had them for our "getaway" at our wedding reception.

Ditto on both the collar and the crying in Up. I am so with you on both counts.

The photo of Josh the Welder made me want an encore shot of him in full "Flashdance"-bucket-of-water mode. I would've even settled for a parody of it a la Chris Farley in Tommy Boy. I'm not picky.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

I saw Up in the theater and was devastated. I still am. That Pixar makes such good movies.

Do you know what I think of when I think about sparklers? The time at Clint's when I stuck some in the back of Adrianne's flip-flops (the extra-tall ones) and then lit them. She ran around like crazy and burned her feet. Mean, but worth the laugh.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home