Monday, September 06, 2010

Touche'

Every neighborhood has a house that serves as a hangout for the neighborhood kids. To be the kid friendly house, their must be a set of wonderful parents to go with it. These parents have to be kind, funny, unselfish, and one of them (at least) needs to know how to whip up something yummy for dinner. When I was a kid, my friend Amy's house was that house. Though I did not live in her neighborhood, or even in the town her house was in, I did go to school with Amy and her house was basically across the street from the school.

I would often hang out at Amy's during lunch or after school. One day, I thought it would be funny to sign my name on little scraps of paper and place them in the corner of all the paintings as if I painted them. I thought that was hilarious! I also had left over papers bearing my signature so I decided to hide these all over the place. Amy's mom was still finding these several years later. It was the prank that kept on pranking. She called Amy a few years ago telling her that she had found another "Sarah signature." Again, I thought that was hilarious! (It's nice being easily amused.)

Well, Janis (Amy's mom) finally got back at me. Here's the story, morning glory----Amy and her husband Will came to Austin because Will had a speaking engagement (ooooh, fancy).

Photobucket
Here they are. They had to dress all Texan for the event. Amy bought herself some boots and everything. Will had his pants heavy starched and wore his best white shirt.

Amy and Will stayed at our house and were lovely house guests....or so I thought. The next day, when I came home from work, Amy and Will were already gone. I was walking in the hallway when I saw a little scrap of paper on the floor. I picked it up and it had Amy's mom's name written on it. At first, I thought nothing of it. I just figured it fell out of Amy's suitcase or something. And then, I remembered what I had done to Janis' paintings all those years ago. I turned the corner and examined the first painting I saw. Sure enough, this was in the corner:
Photobucket
The little scrap of paper I found had fallen from a painting in the hallway.


Oh, I "erased" Janis' last name to protect her from you. You are such a stalker. Ok, you are not a stalker. I'm sorry. Still, I don't think it's polite to publish somebody's last name without their permission.

I took a picture of the evidence with my cell phone and sent it to Amy in a text message. She replied to my message by telling me it was her mom's idea.

Janis' name was in every painting and picture in every room of my house. Touche' Janis, Touche'.

Then, Amy started posting photos on Facebook....photos of her and Will posing in various rooms of my house. Again, Amy told me this was her mom's idea.

Here are the pictures:
Photobucket
Amy writes, "Didn't you love the ending, Sarah?" (Back in highschool, I wanted to read this book but Amy told me the ending. I thought it was such a terrible ending and decided to not waste my time reading the story. Years later, I decided to read it as I had nothing new on my bookshelf. It turned out that Amy lied to me and made up the ending as a joke. Damn she's good!)

Photobucket
Will taking in the Austin air on the back patio.

Photobucket
Will practicing his grilling technique.

Photobucket
This is in my bathroom. Yes, I do love peacocks. Why do you ask?

Photobucket
Amy LOVES taking baths.

Photobucket
Will pretending to work in the office.

Photobucket
Amy pretending to sew.

Funny friends (and their funny parents) rule.

2 Comments:

Blogger GunDiva said...

That's wonderful!!!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Miss Bee said...

Too funny... I hope you find another random signature one of these days just to make you chuckle.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home