Saturday, January 07, 2006

Happy Birthday, Husband

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Today, Dale is 29 years of age. The last year of his 20’s is suddenly upon him. Let’s take a look at some of his life’s accomplishments as we celebrate this man:

Dale was a guitar player in a high school rock band when he was in Jr. High. He rocked. Still does.

Dale played bass in the Orchestra. Sometimes as first chair, sometimes as second. Jeff W. would be first chair when Dale was not.

Dale graduated from Texas Tech , Cum Laude. He majored in mechanical engineering and minored in math.

He participated in the restoration of Lechugia cave in New Mexico. Few people can even say that they have entered this mo-fo. He had to pee in a cup and poo in a bag. Gross, I know, but it shows his dedication.

Dale has been a rock climber, a mountain biker, a spelunker, a musician, an artist (yea, he won some awards back in school), a hiker, a disc-golfer, a good friend, and a great husband.

He can make me laugh without saying a word.

Dale has received several awards from his job at NI. He has worked in conjunction with the President of the company. He has worked there for the past 6 years and is now a manager. GO DALE!

He tutored me in college algebra……..and survived! I got an A, thanks.

He has survived being my best friend and the number one fella in my life for about 8 years.

He took me to Hawaii for our honeymoon for goodness sakes.

He has supported me throughout my college education without once bitching about it.

He never said I was fat, even when I was. He always has insisted that I am beautiful. When I start to self hate- “ugh, I am so freaking fat” – he says, “don’t talk about my wife like that”.

What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man!

This list could go on and on, but I do not want to embarrass him too much. Mostly, I just wanted to let my husband know that he is much appreciated and much loved. I picked a winner, that’s for sure. I am truly blessed to have him in my life.

Ya’ll can all vomit from the sweetness now.

-Sarah

1 Comments:

Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

good advice
:)

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home