Thursday, June 12, 2008

Round and Round

At the end of my last post, I was left contemplating what pictures I should take and post.
Photobucket
Deep thinking

It suddenly came to me! I would take pictures of my new hobby!
Photobucket
Hula hoping is an actual hobby, I swear.

I spoke with my physical therapist about my new activity and he said, “go for it! Hula hoping is a great way to strengthen your core!” Which is what I need to do to prevent my lower back from going out.

Photobucket
At first, I could not get into the “swing” of it.
Photobucket
I watched Reyna and Tirzah swing the hoop around their midsection in effortless fashion. They explained to me that you have to “catch the motion” on the first rotation. After a few attempts, it finally clicked.


Photobucket
See Cooper in the corner? Yeah, he gets a little weird when I hula. He always stands right next to me, watching the hoop go round and round. I wonder if he thinks I am crazy?

I certainly look crazy in this pic:
Photobucket

I practice every day and am getting quite good. I can do a front back hula hoop and a side to side. I am working on turning around as I hula and walking as I hula. My tummy muscles are feeling it, let me tell you. It is crazy fun, though.

In other news:
I went to the Gap Outlet in Round Rock, today. It is totally worth the drive. I got summer clothes for both Dale and Myself. Cheep, cheep, cheep!

I found some old pictures on my camera that I will share with you in the next post. They are from March. Not that old, I guess.

My PT thinks I should get my neck injected with some steroids. Not my muscles, but the discs. I am nervous about that. I know the anatomy of the spine all to well to not be.

Have a good day, kids.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're insane, and that's why I love you.

Kiss kiss

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home