Sunday, September 19, 2010

Eat.

Three weeks ago, Dale and I found our favorite place to eat Saturday breakfast. Russell's Bistro In Jefferson Square is awesome. The first time we ate there, we ordered coffee, a carrot bran muffin, and an apple fritter. Soooooooo good! We sat at our table and discussed whether or not they made their pastries and muffins on site or if they ordered them. Just then, out from the back came a man carrying the most beautiful chocolate cake. He set the cake on the counter and I took the opportunity to ask him where the delicious pastries were from. He told me that he makes them from scratch and that he has another bakery/coffee bar on burnet that has been in business for over 10 years. We chatted with Russell for a while and he told us about their brunch, dinner, and lunch menu. So far, we have only had the coffee, muffins, and pastries though because we want to sample all of them before moving on.

The next week, we had the carrot bran muffin and a slice of pumpkin bread.

This past Saturday, we and the carrot bran muffin (we always order the carrot bran muffin so we don't over do it on the pastries) and a schnecken.
Photobucket

What the heckn's a schnecken? Well, it's a flaky pastry filled with nuts, raisins (or currants), and some cinnamin. It may resemble one, but It's not as sweet nor as gooey as a cinnamon role.
Photobucket

Right now, the morning temperature in austin is perfect for outdoor dining. Russell's has a beautiful covered patio for those of you, like me, whom love to eat outdoors. The sides are open to the elements but a ceiling (complete with ceiling fans) covers your head from the sun.
Photobucket

Fresh flowers on the table adds a nice touch.
Photobucket


Photobucket
Test shot #1

Ok, I knew I would write a blog post about Russell's so I wanted a few pictures of our breakfast. I brought the camera (obviously) and took a few pictures. I wanted one shot of me taking a bite of the carrot bran muffin. One shot.
Dale was attempting to get the camera settings juuuuuust right, so he took a few test shots. I did not want to sit there and just hold the fork ,piercing a yummy muffin bite, in front of my face so I continued on eating as I normally would. I figured there would be one shot that I could use. When Dale finished taking the pictures, he looked through what he captured he laughed and laughed and told me that pictures of "people" eating are funny.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Next time, I will just hold a fork full of muffin next to my face as I smile for the camera.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Bee said...

The pictures are pretty funny but you look beautiful anyway. I can't wait to go with you one day!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home