Monday, February 21, 2011

Beard Contest Part 2: Pre-Contest Jitters

After stopping by The Bird @ Bee's house for the best smoked chicken I have ever had, we made our way downtown to the Mohawk. We got there at 8:45 or so and there was already a line forming at the door. Fortunately, I had pre-purchased our tickets so we were in like Flynn.

Right away, Dale got a beverage for Danny to calm his nerves. The competition was all over the place and boy was it hairy.
Photobucket

Dale told Danny to put his game face on, like this:
Photobucket

Danny had pre-registered in the "Gnarliest Beard" category but, after talking to a fellow competitor, we decided to switch him to the "Best Groomed" category. We made the switch up and began walking around.

Hang on! Do you want to see a better view of the top of my hat? Sure you do!
Photobucket
Groovy.

Where were we? Oh yes, walking around. I started taking photos of the contestants. Here are a few for you to enjoy:
Photobucket
Brawny Man, Bearded Lady, Civil War Beard-O.

Photobucket
Aw...It's Isaac, the boy preacher from Children of the Corn, all growed up!

Photobucket
Check out the sign in the back

Photobucket
Pretty skilled clipper work, if you ask me.

We bellied up to the stage, front row Joe style, and waited for it all to begin.
Before we knew it, the DJ took the stage and began to set up.
Photobucket
The moment I saw him, I knew it was on.

And just incase I needed a reminder that it was, in fact, "on" the host of the event came out like a torpedo and sprayed beer all over me and my cool hat.
Photobucket
Thanks to an aggressive shaking, that bottle of beer is now mostly foam.

The host's name is Matt Bearden. Yes, I am serious. Let me tell you this, that dude is one funny bastard.

Up next: The competition begins!
Get ready for "Fiercest Chops" and "Best Groomed Beard!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Bee said...

Oh my gosh - themed beards! Love the Civil War guy! And the DJ's outfit! And the bottle of foam! Looks like such a good time!

(I apologize for using excessive exclamation points, but I just couldn't help it.)

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home