Thursday, October 27, 2005

Is gradschool hell?

Image hosted by
For the most part….yes, yes it is.

Last night, I studied until 11:30 (3 hours at starbucks and 1.5 hours at home). They kicked me out of starbucks at 10:00 because they needed to shut down. The friendly starbucks guy sent me on my way with a free cup of coffee, so I can’t complain much.
Today I woke up at 5:40 to start my day. I wanted to get my ass out of bed at 5:00, but the snooze button had some kind of magnetic like pull over my hand forcing me to press it over and over again. Because I got up late, I had to forgo my morning shower. Gross, I know.
I am just being honest.
I got to campus at 6 something and began to study some more for the test I had to take at 2:00 in the afternoon. At 8:00, my first class began. We watched blues clues for the first 20 minutes.
I am not kidding.
After that class, I studied for another 1.5 hours and then went to my next class. We went over the neurological development of the embryo. Then, I had a two hour break and guess what I did? I STUDIED. I also ate two cookies and they made me sick (because I have not had much sugar lately) Finally, it was time for the test. After all of that studying, there was still a question on the test that I did not really know the answer to. What’s a gal to do in that situation?
She bullshits her way through an answer, that’s what.
After the test, I had one more class. We went over sound waves and the formulas for figuring out resonant frequencies for an open ended tube. Fascinating (yea right).
Class let out at 4:30 at which point I went to the clinic to revise a treatment plan, create a lesson plan for a therapy session, write progress notes on a previous session, and watch a video and score responses of a previous therapy session.
I got home at 8:00.
The sad thing is, this is not an unusual day in the life of Sarah the graduate student. I still have to plan activities for tomorrow’s group therapy. I just can’t do it tonight. My brain says “Noooooooo MA’AM!”
So instead, I am drinking a beer. Maybe two. I have not eaten since my cookie fiasco. I am not even hungry. Maybe that is because I have had a latte and 2 diet cokes throughout the day.
K, I am done now.


Blogger Laurie said...

Happy Belated Bloggaversary! Looks like you made it a year dear!


3:31 PM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

Thanks! It's been fun.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home