Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Hail Mary

Image hosting by Photobucket

I heard the weirdest thing on the radio this evening as I was driving home from campus. I was scanning the channels on the AM band for a talk show. Somewher in the 800’s, I picked up the weirdness.

I heard a man saying the first part of the Hail Mary prayer-
“Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.”

And then, a woman took over to finish the rest-
“Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.”
This tag team prayer was repeated over and over and over again. I listened for like 3 minutes to see what would happen next, but eventually had to turn it because I got creeped out.
That’s all I got.
Miss ya’ll.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was probably the rosary.... it only creeps you out when you haven't heard it in so long because you haven't gone to church like Miss Bee & I...bad bad catholics!

7:41 PM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

I still don't understand why the voice switched in the middle of the prayer.
Oh, and it was played over this serene backround music.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Tracy Fennell said...

In group settings, when led by a reader or so forth, this is how the rosary is said....with the one person saying the first part, and usually the rest of the people concluding with the rest...

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you ever go to the rosaries held in the chapel at SJN??? Geez Sarah...where were you? =P

4:18 PM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

Crap, It's been waaaaay too long since I have been to a rosary.
Hearing it on the radio just did not register for me.
I suck.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home