Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy St. Valentine’s Day!

I know it is a day early, but I work in a school and we celebrated today.

Let me tell you how my day started. As I was walking to the copier, my vice principal spotted me and said:

VP- “Hey, Sarah! You dressed 60’s!”

Me- “What?”

VP- “JRA (our principal) told me to dress in 50’s fashion for the party. You dressed 60’s style!”

**He was wearing rolled up blue jeans, converse, a button up shirt, and his hear was slicked back.

Me-“Um….nobody told me to dress 60’s. This is just what I pulled out of my closet this morning.”

VP- “Oh. HAHAHAHA!”

Yeah. Here was what I wore:
Photobucket
I guess it is sort of 60’s-ish. I wore it because of the red and pink…you know, for the holiday. Maybe I should have wore sandals instead of boots.

Here is a photo of the cards I gave to all the kiddies:
Photobucket
Most of the Deaf students that I know LOVE Spiderman. Why? Because he is often seen saying “I LOVE YOU” in sign language:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Other times, he is saying, “Hook ‘em!”
Photobucket
Photobucket

I received a few valentines myself. My favorite were the ones attached to the flowers. The students put your picture on the note so they know who to deliver it to. They are very visual. Here is what the card looks like:
Photobucket
That picture was taken on my very first day at the school. It’s nutty and I love it.


We had a huge Valentine’s Day party. There was a dancing competition, a bingo game (a co-worker and I ran that game), and a crafts activity. The kids loved it and so did the staff. Next year, I must remember to wear my ear plugs because they turn that music up SO LOUD! It shakes the tables…seriously.

I hope you all have a good Valentine’s Day.
Shout outs- Laura, I know you have a bo-hunk this year and are excited about celebrating this day of love.

Colin and Laurie, this is your first Valentine’s day as an engaged couple. How sweet!

Kristi and PJ, this is your first Valentine’s day with your new baby.

Give your loved one a big hug and kiss. Tell them why they are special to you. Maybe rub their feet. Who does not like a good foot rub?
That is all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Sarah - that's sweet.

Colin said I never get another present ever...his presence is my present. Oh right and my ring.

Happy VD to you!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Miss Bee said...

Hahahahaha, I love that Laurie said "Happy VD to you!"

Your dress is cute.

6:58 PM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

Happy syphilis to all!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

haha Thanks for the shout-out. I promise to blog soon. I'm actually working on it now.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? Sometimes you sarahscare me. U gotta brithday coming up soon? Goin back to Hawaii soon?

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home