Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Material Things

Would you like to be updated on my most recent purchases? (Well, they are not all recent.) I hope so because I can honestly not think of anything else to blog about. There are seven items that I would like to show you.

1.Let’s start with my new Chuck’s. Every once in a while, TJ MAXX will have a few pairs of Converse for sale. When I can find them in my size, I scoop them up. You see, anywhere else these low-top Chuckie T’s will run you somewhere between $40 - $50.00. TJ MAXX will sell them to you for a cool $25.00.
Photobucket
Bonus…they are green. Now I just need to find them in grey.

2.I got this cool aluminum water bottle from Ulta of all places. It was around $8.00 and well worth it.
Photobucket

Some studies have shown that drinking from a polycarbonate (plastic) water bottle may introduce unwanted chemicals into your body. The chemical that most people are worried about is Bisphenol A (it's actually a chemical building block) . I am not going to go further into this. You have google.

3. Check out my new measuring cup. It’s one cup to measure it all!
Photobucket
Photobucket
You can adjust the amount you want to measure by sliding that button back and forth. I got it from the “As Is” table at Bed Bath and Beyond. It was marked down to a couple of bones due to “scratches.” I can handle a few scratches.

4. Kashi Go Lean Roll
Photobucket
I love Kashi. I have tried almost all of their snack and meal replacement bars, minus this one. I found it at the corner store, today, and purchased it on the spot. I think I will have it for breakfast tomorrow. Kashi is mmmm-mmm good.

5.I have really deep cabinets in my bathroom. Before I bought this organizer, it was hard to quickly find what I needed. Problem solved.
Photobucket
Photobucket
There is my Mary Kay toner! I was looking for that.

6. I bought these mirrors back in the summer. Dale finally got around to hanging them last weekend. Those suckers are heavy and he needed a special “hanging kit” that he got from Josh Johnson (professional framer extraordinaire). I love them. I got them from Ross for a low, low price. I think they were about $34.00 a piece.
Photobucket
Our bedspread (in case you were wondering) is at the cleaners because somebody had a little accident. That somebody is in the picture.

**Side note, I decided to adopt Cooper mainly because he matched my bedding.
Photobucket
Ok, not really. I do like that he fits in with the motif but it was not necessary.

***Side-side note, Check out Dale’s water glass collection on top of this book shelf located near his side of the bed. The collection will grow to at least 8 glasses before I break down and take them to the dish washer for him.
Photobucket

7,I got this interesting shirt at my favorite thrift store. It was only a dollar and some change. If it were more than two bucks I probably would have not purchased it.
Photobucket
Somebody invite me to an Indian wedding so that I can wear this to the reception. On second thought, I think I would rather wear a Sari.

6 Comments:

Blogger j3 said...

recession? sheeeeeeeeeit.

6:53 PM  
Blogger M--- said...

#1 Converse at the Round Rock Outlet, I'm going today. Rumor has it, they have grey. ;o)
#2 Great, something else for me to obsess about, extra bits in my water...Google here I come!
Side note: Does your friend j3 watch "The Wire" perchance? LOL

10:16 AM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

M, Is there a Converse store at the outlet mall? Let me know how much they are going for. I am not sure if j3 watches the wire. I don't so the joke is lost on me. Please explain....pretty please?

3:45 PM  
Blogger Miss Bee said...

Let me know how your measuring cup works. I bought the measuring spoon like that and it is hard to clean, but very handy.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Tracy Fennell said...

Water glasses everywhere? I saw that movie already...

8:39 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

There IS a Converse outlet. You'll find your grey, but my bet is that you'll walk out with more than one pair. (They have some AWESO chucks in there.)

Oh, and those mirrors are BAAAD.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home