Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Hide and go seek

The other day, I entered my bedroom just in time to see my dog's rear legs sliding under the bed. He has to soldier crawl under the bed, basically pulling his lower half with his upper arm strength. I am not sure why he went under...it may be because he was upset that I was about to take a bath. He does not like it when I do this because I can't play fetch with him. Any-hoo, he would not come out from under the bed so I ran and got his favorite toy to bribe him with.
Photobucket
Photobucket
It worked.

Later on, I could not find him. I went from room to room calling his name to no avail. I checked the entire backyard but it was Cooper-free. It then dawned on me that he was probably in one of his favorite hiding places.

I crept into my bathroom, camera in hand, and lowered the laundry closet door...
Photobucket

Sure enough, he was in his cave amongst my dirty laundry.

Photobucket

He loves it in there. He opens the door all by himself and only needs to use his nose to push it open. Sometimes, he pretends that he can't get out and he will start crying until I open the door and save him. More than once, I have accidentally dumped laundry on him because I did not know he was in there.

Strange little guy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Bee said...

So cute! If only you could train him to load the washing machine. That would be sweet.

5:44 PM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

He loves to watch me do laundry.I say "coo, wanna help me do laundry?" His ears perk up and he follows me to the machines. I toss the towels, fresh from the dryer, in the hall and he burrows under them. He tries to catch the clothes as I pull them out of the washer and toss them in the dryer. Every once in a while, he will snag a sock and I have to chase him around the house for it.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I LOVE the obsession with dirty clothes-I like to think that to a pup, they smell like love. Now, when Boo buries himself in Wyatt's tennis shoes and emerges smelling like feet, that's another story...
Oh yeah, can you believe that Wyatt injured his pinky toe last night in much the same manner you did?! I told him to buy a cane.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home