Friday, November 13, 2009

Those Darlins Part III: Rachel Takes a Pumpkin to the Head

This Jack-o-lantern survived for most of the set,

Photobucket
but not all of it.

Without warning, Nikki Darlin kicked away some of the empty beer bottles and cocktail glasses that surrounded the jack-o-lantern. She then lifted her boot and with ferocious force brought it down straight through the pumpkin's crown.. Photobucket

The pumpkin fell from the platform onto the stage and Nikki continued to stomp on the remains.
Photobucket
Take a good look at the crowd and you will see Kelly Darlin's green leggings and gold boots. Do you see her? Yup, she is using some guy as a chair. I did not catch this the first couple of times I viewed these pictures.

Here are some better shots of Kelly in the crowd:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ok, back to the Pumpkin. So after she smashed the pumpkin to smithereens, Nikki picked up a huge chunk and threw it into the crowd. From what I understand it hit a stage light and broke into several pieces, one of which smacked Rachel in the head. I did not see the pumpkin hit Rachel but I know that it happened because, after the show, she made me feel the dried pumpkin in her hair.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Before the pumpkin stomping, there was the beer spitting.
Photobucket
Nikki took a big swig from her bottle-o-sudds and let it pour from her mouth into the mouth of an audience member.
Photobucket

She then jumped into the crowd an allowed that same guy to spray/spit beer all over her. I did not get a good picture of this as I did not have my flash on and ready to go. DAMN! Here is what she looked like right after the beer spray:
Photobucket

Nikki pulled the beer spitter's shirt over his head and pushed him over.
Photobucket
Gotta love the audience participation.

And now, I give you the dancing chicken:
Photobucket
Those Darlins have a song called The Whole Damn Thing which includes the following lyrics:
I got drunk and I ate a chicken
I ate a chicken I found in my kitchen
not just a leg and not just a wing
I'd like to let you know that I ate the whole damn thing

The song is a fan favorite and, as you can see, Those Darlins know how to deliver the fun to the fans. The dancing chicken came out for the song and danced it's feathered ass off!
Photobucket


It was a great show. You should try to catch them next time they come through Austin.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Bee said...

That was such a fun show. And I'm not sure how I missed the part where Kelly Darlin was using that guy as a chair. I must have been watching the beer spitting debauchery.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home