Sunday, January 31, 2010

Finally!

I have been wanting a new couch for at least 8 years. Dale and I would look for one, from time to time, but we could never find one that we could both afford and agree on. We would go to Louis Shanks and drool over their amazing couches, knowing that we did not have enough in the budget to buy anything there. Honestly, you could put me into that store with a blindfold on and I assure you that I would still find a couch that I loved. Dale and I both loved almost everything in that store. We just did not have the $3,000-$5,000 to drop.

Once or twice, we went into a few of the stores that allowed you to make payments on your furniture. We never could really agree on a couch at these places and neither of us wanted to make payments.

So, consider my surprise when we both fell in love with a couch that we found at Costco of all places.


Friggen' Costco!

Here it is:
Photobucket
Our new leather couch in a deep espresso. It's streamlined yet comfortable. It has cushion without being overstuffed.

Here is Dale enjoying the couch:
Photobucket
As I type this, I am sitting on the new couch taking in the lovely new leather smell. Mmmmmmm...

Do you think I posed for this picture?
Photobucket
If you guessed "yes", give yourself a pat on the back because you are correct.

Where is the old couch? We put it in the big room. I bought some cute new throw pillows for it to make it more attractive.
It's funny, when I bought the throw pillows you see in the above pictures, I bought them for the old couch even though I knew they did not exactly go with it. They almost did, but they were a little off. Deep down, I knew that, secretly, I bought them for the couch I wanted. I wanted a couch that would look good with those pillows even though I did not know what kind of couch that would be. I guess I am psychic when it comes to interior design.

Once, without ever seeing it, I told Colin that I bet he had a plaid couch. I remember giving him a rather detailed description about it. To Colin's surprise, I was right on target. That's a true story, friend.

-Psychic Couch Lady

4 Comments:

Blogger GunDiva said...

Love the new couch! One of these days, when the kids move out, we're going to treat ourselves to new furniture. I can't wait.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Miss Bee said...

You should send your posed picture to Costco and let them use it in their catalog.

Love the couch!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you also guess that it reclined and had cup holders?

I sort of miss that couch.

11:33 AM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

Laurie, I did!
Psychic.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home