Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Dreaming of Mini Muffins

Photobucket
I had a dream, last night, that I was at a fabulous backyard party. The weather was warm, I was dressed comfortably, and I was hungry. Thankfully, I spotted a table full of mini muffins. "How perfect," I thought. "Mini muffins are low in calories. I should eat one." (I have been watching my weight lately. My body is pissed that I am no longer feeding it apple fritters from Starbucks so it is punishing me with hunger/craving dreams).
Any-hoo, where were we...

Oh yes, I saw the table of mini muffins. I walked up to the table and selected the most decadent looking muffin. It was chocolate with chocolate icing. (For breakfast, I have been eating deep chocolate vita muffins for about a week now. They are really good and only 100 calories. Sadly, they are not iced).

I lifted the muffin up to my lips and opened my mouth. I could feel the muffin on my mouth as I pulled my lips back to reveal my teeth right before taking a bite. It felt so real!

In fact, it felt so real that Cooper could feel it.
You see, he was sleeping right next to me and, in my sleep, I was about to bite his nose. I had his nose on my mouth and I was about to bite it. He must have felt my teeth press against his little snout because he snapped his head to the side and let out a huff. It totally freaked him out. If freaked me out too!

Photobucket
That little black nose was, but for a minute, a perfect chocolate mini muffin.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I've been in the full on throws of dieting I had dreams like that all the time. From what I understand, recovering addicts have them too and they are referred to as "user dreams." The kind where you wake up thinking you partook in something totally not in your plan. So disappointed b/c you were trying so hard to "be good." I use to wake up (still do sometimes) like I was chewing something.

Odd, isn't it?

11:25 AM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

What's odd is that I never had "user dreams" when I kicked heroine.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you.

3:14 PM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

Tell me about it. I did stab a hooker in the midst of my detox. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Miss Bee said...

I love me some vita-tops. Do you find them at the store? I always order them. But I too wish they were frosted.

Glad you didn't actually bite Cooper's nose. That would have been kind of gross.

5:26 PM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

HEB on Anderson/620 has the deep chocolate vita muffins. I think the Vita Tops are only sold online.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:53 PM  
Blogger GunDiva said...

That's a powerful craving if you're willing to sacrifice your dog's nose!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home