Sunday, March 30, 2008

31, son!

Oh man. I am still recovering from my bday. I had such a great time. Reyna and I shared our bbday celebrations as she turns 28 (I think) on April 1st. I turned 31, yesterday.
Photobucket
Birthday gals

My mom asked me if I felt any different being 31. I told her I do. For the first time in several years, I celebrated my birthday as a non-student. It felt great. I am in a good place in my life. Here is my list of good (it’s edited down to the top 6)

1. I am married to a wonderful man.
2. We have a house.
3. We have a great dog.
4. I have a great job.
5. I have awesome friends.
6. I am no longer in school (YES!).

So you see, turning 31 was truly a celebration of where I have arrived after my 31 years of life. I feel different, yes. I feel content. I feel like I climbed a huge mountain and opened a door. Through the door, I see many opportunities and choices. I am excited and at peace at the same time for what life may bring next. It may sound cheesy, but it’s true. I just wanted to share.

Don’t worry, my next post will be one filled with photos and stories about the birthday celebration. You can see how and why Reyna and I ended up like this:
Photobucket

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I realized your head was in the dog's bed, I snorted and almost wet my pants. That's too much!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home