Sunday, March 21, 2010

SXSW 2010: Day 2

Ah, the night belongs to the purple tights.

LeeAngelo Angel-of-Death Martinez-Palomos made it into Austin a bit later than expected. This little bump in the schedule prevented us from getting to see The Whigs. I was a little bummed, and I think I cussed Lee out. It's ok, I apologized later on. I also may shouted at him something along the lines of, "I don't understand why you didn't buy a fu*&ing wrist band!" I apologized for that as well.

We met up with J3 and he took us to see People Under the Stairs
That was a great show! Very entertaining. I wanted to make it back to the same venue later that night to see Sage Francis, but it was not in the cards.

Check out Lee and his Flea-Market copy of a Danial Johnston creation-

Here Here is the real deal:


Up next, we went to the Billboard Bungalow to see Those Darlins. Ran into Dante from Hacienda and chatted a bit before the gals took the stage. I told him his hair was long and that he looked all skinny. He laughed and said, "WHAT?" and I realized that telling a dude that he looks "skinny" is not the same as telling a girl that she looks skinny. Gals love to hear that. Boys, not so much. I should have said, "you look fit" because that is more of what I meant. I removed my foot from my mouth and J3 and I went up to the stage. Dale was right behind us but Lee could not get in (no wrist band...I told him to buy one! He went to the Red Eyed Fly instead).



The Darlins put on a hell of a show, once again. At one point, Nikki Darlin asked the crowd if we were going to sleep. The crowd cheered for the band and then she pointed to J3 and said, "quit laughing at me.....I know you are." J3 looked nervous after this, and rightfully so. I thought she was going to spit her drink in his eye or maybe give him a wedgie.

Those Darlins finished their set and Dale, J3 and I went to Lustre Pearl to see Dr. Dog.
I danced the entire time until the muscles of my lower back tightened up in protest. We had to walk the very far distance back to the car at a snails pace because I could not move any faster.
We picked Lee up at the Red Eyed Fly, got to the car, and got home. I went to bed. The boys stayed up until 7:00 am the next day.

No joke.

Dale and I were in awe that we got to see all of those amazing bands back to back...and the festival had only just begun.


Blogger "Miss Bee" said...

Looks like the Darlin's put on yet another great show... If I was J3, I would have been nervous too.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Wayne said...

Look's like you all had a real good time to me. great post

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home