Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SXSW 2010: Day Three (day show)

The boys stayed up until 7:00am so I ventured out to a day show by myself. I decided to go to the Mess With Texas Festival,happening on the east side, to see Hacienda play. I had my parking angel with me and got a spot only a few blocks away from the outdoor venue.
Hacienda took the stage at 2:30.
Photobucket
Dante kicked things of by saying something like, "we're Hacienda and we're from Antarctica."

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I kind of want his entire outfit.

I always enjoy a Hacienda show. This time around, the boys had to work extra hard due to a sound problem. The mics and monitors went kaput (not their fault). Without skipping a beat, they switched to playing instrumentals when their vocals could no longer be heard. I hear they are playing at Antone's with Heartless Bastards on April 17th. Gotta go to that one. Also, you can get their new album Big Red and Barbacoa Here
I already have a copy. It's grittier than their first album. Good stuff.

One more thing...check out these two adorable little girls. Twins, I think.
Photobucket
Of course, from this angle they look like a single two headed girl. They were so dang cute! They stood next to me and we enjoyed a few songs together.

Up next- a night time show where I meet "the drummer."

5 Comments:

Blogger Wayne said...

Looks again like you had a great day I have been to a few shows but none that lasted over tree days.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Tracy Fennell said...

Was that the thing at Stubb's? If so, did you stick around to see everyone's hero, Andrew W.K.?

6:53 PM  
Blogger sarahsmile3 said...

Tracy, It was not at Stubb's (it was outdoors in an empty lot) but Andrew W.K. played there the next day. He was also set to play the Mohawk while I was there but did not show up. I would have liked to have seen him.

Wayne, SXSW is so fun...though exhausting.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Tracy Fennell said...

All the names of the shows enter my brain then just roll around as if they're in an empty fishbowl.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Tracy Fennell said...

Oh, what time do you get off work usually on Fridays? A social question...ha.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home