J3 is celebrating his 30th b-day, so I thought I would celebrate him by sharing with you some memories…
I met J3 at a coffee shop the same night I met my husband and Danny. While I thought Danny was a little strange, (he was wearing giant farmer Joe overalls) and Dale was adorkable (he was wearing socks with sandals), I thought J3 was hipster cool.
Not hipster by today’s standards. No, he was not wearing skinny jeans and eyeliner. I don’t remember what he was wearing, but I thought he was unique. I still do.
Eventually, the family of friends formed consisting of J3 (aka, “shakes”—after Shakespeare-), Dale (aka, “Duke”), Danny (aka fifty cents –b/c he is half Mexican and half White), Clint (aka, “Clintus eroticus perverticus americus), Mike (aka, “itch”), Lee (aka, “Leeangelo angel of death Martinez) and myself (aka, “sister sarah”).
What a time we had, together.
Any-hoo, more memories of J3:
-J3 yelling violently while vomiting
-J3eating chips while watching (I think it was Danny) throw up
-J3 driving me home from a countless amount of parties because my boyfriend (not dale) had taken off, leaving me without a ride.
- listening to Jazz with J3 on the way home from some cheesy night club
- sitting on the roof-top of the radio station I worked at w/ J3 while discussing the fact that my boyfriend at the time wanted to marry me and how it freaked me out
- J3 breaking a microphone at the radio station I worked at while doing his best Mick Jagger impersonation
- J3 fixing that microphone
- J3 dancing next to me as I sang Karaoke for the first time. We dubbed him “Jeff the dancing ball of flame”)
-Speaking of dancing, I remember how J3 would dance by himself while enjoying a live band. He owned the floor, yall
- the night J3 and his lovely wife started dating (Halloween)
(taken from therootdown)
- watching wrestling with J3 and Danny every Monday night (Nitro, yall)
- going to see ZZ top with J3. (J3, remember that Psycho listener that licked my hand?)
- cussing like a sailor on J3’s answering machine. His mom heard it. Ooops.
- watching J3 read a poem at an open mic event at some coffe house. The poem was “Jeff is a music Junkie”.
- the time Maria cornered J3 at a party and planted a big kiss right on his kisser, much to his shock
- sitting on Dale’s porch and singing a J3/Sarah original: “don’t go down there (the ground is sour)
- J3 bringing down the house a countless amount of times doing his karaoke version of any Led Zeppelin song
- Ah, the J3 ski extravaganza….J3 in his green long johns, thus earning the name “the green goblin”
- Watching J3 watch his soon to be wife coming down the isle at their wedding. A smile stretched across his face and his eyes filled with tears of happiness.
- the shake face
Mostly, when I think of J3, I remember how he makes me laugh until my belly aches. He also makes the frequency of whick I say the word "dude" increase by atleast 75%.
I love ya, bro. Happy 30th!!!!