1. try to memorize the rancho los amigos scale of cognitive awareness
2. look over some websites pertaining to dysphagia treatment and therapy (swallowing problems often occur in persons who have experience traumatic brain injury or stroke. I will be working with these people during my next internship which I should have already started but have not thanks to the BLACK ICE)
3. Clean the kitchen while listening to Dr. Laura
4. Cook while listening to Dr. Laura
5. cut gemstones of a mesh shirt that I will never wear. Plan to use the gemstones in my scrapbook.
6. Laugh at Dale as he gets drunk on the whiskey thus becoming the man we all know as “whiskey Dale”
7. do all of the laundry. Even Dales stinky socks.
8. clean my closet of clothes that I have not worn in a year. That’s a lot of crap.
I can’t believe this is happening in Austin.
9. Try to dance like Shakira to amuse my husband
10. go through old letters, cards, and e-mails given to me by Dale many moons ago. I read them out loud to him. It was sweet.
It sure is pretty
11. check myspace 1,000,000 times a day
12. sneak out to buy milk, ciggys, and wine. I had to sneak out because there is no way the husband would agree that these are life saving purchases. (what? I went today when the ice was not that bad)
It used to be grass
13. IM Bean, Laura B, and Colin so that I can have conversations with people other than Whiskey Dale. I also called Rachel. I (I enjoy whiskey Dale, and regular Dale but a gal has to get some kinda conversational variety)
14. venture outside to take icy pictures
I did not go down this set of stairs, though, as they are covered in ice. Dale hurt his neck slipping down these bad boys last year.
15. take 2 baths a day and soak in the hot water while reading my book. I finished my book. Now what?
16. Marvel at the large tree in the back that is sagging like the rolls on a blood hounds mug
Last week, that limb was reaching towards the sky
17. watch the weather and traffic report for at least 80% of the tv viewing time (thanks to Dale)
18. decide at noon that drinking wine today is a good idea
That’s a big snowman for Austin
19. run laps around the apartment because it is the only exercise I can get
20. delete people from my myspace friends list. Don’t worry, you are all still there. I had to get rid of the dead weight
Did Ansel Adams take that?
21. Wait for Dale to go to the bathroom. When he is in there, stand very close to the door so that when he opens it..l..BAM, I am right there ready to laugh at him for no reason.
22. Listen to Dale explain to me that I am a weird-o.
My truck, covered in at least 2 inches of ice. I could not open the friggen door!
23. internet, internet, internet
24. curse that my buddy J3 has not posted a new blog. (although the last one was a gem)
She is using the tried and true method of kicking the ice off of her car. I watched her for a while, and she still could not get her door open.
25. Write a blog about what I have been doing during the ice storm.